- on the Print Checks Confirmation screen click the "Select All" button to place all the checks back in the to be printed queue.
- Go back to File > Print Forms > Checks (or Paychecks) and select all the same checks you had selected before. Enter the correct starting check number of the checks you just printed.
- Important: in the printer selection screen choose a printer that prints to file (Examples: Microsoft Office Document Image Writer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, PDF Complete, Adobe PDF, etc)
- Save the file to someplace on the desktop.
- after printing you can delete the file off of your desktop, and all the numbers in quickbooks will now correspond to the numbers on the checks you just printed.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Monday, August 09, 2010
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Sunday, November 23, 2008
If your Gmail login name was email@example.com and you went to samplesite.com to fill out a registration form, instead of just entering firstname.lastname@example.org as your email, enter it email@example.com instead. When Gmail sees a "+" in an email address, it uses all the characters to the left of the plus sign to know who to send it to. In this example it would still send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now whats cool is if you search Gmail for username+samplesitecom, you will see all massages that were sent to that email address.
To see who is responsible for sending a specific message click the Show Details link and you will see the complete address"
copied from diTii.com
Friday, January 04, 2008
Why would you want to change the listening port for Remote Desktop (RDP)? I only have one IP address through my ISP but multiple computers that I want to have direct access to. (as opposed to multiple remote hops) Since I have only one IP but nearly limitless ports, I can take advantage of this feature.
Instead of using the default port 3389, I can manually change it to another port such as 3390 or 3391, as many as my router will allow. Microsoft explains the process in two knowledge base articles.
To change the listening port on the RDP server (the computer being accessed) follow these instructions: KB306759
On the client side simply append a colon and the port number to the computer name. ex: 10.10.10.1:3390 KB304304
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
When writing letters in Word, stop interrupting yourself to look up and insert addresses from your Outlook address book. Mary Ann Richardson describes how you can add a button to your Word toolbar that will allow you to easily reference your addresses. View the whole story
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Sent to you by uahardwick via Google Reader:
A new multiple speaker system from Microsoft Research recreates the headphone experience without the cord -- or the headphones.
Things you can do from here:
- Visit the original item on Microsoft Research News and Headlines
- Subscribe to Microsoft Research News and Headlines using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your favorite sites